News & Events
- How to get a 4’x4’x4′ half-ton (when full of grapes!) picking bin onto the roof of your van? Very carefully! Had to move these two bins from a vineyard near Occidental to Flanagan vineyards on Starr Road. Yes, I did arrive safely! Though it turns out that not every driver was pleased to be behind an old Vanagon going the speed limit…
- I was the glass dumper on the bottling line on Monday. We bottled 115 cases of our Devoto Garden Pinot Noir, plus 10 cases of magnums. These guys are now off sleeping over at Vintner’s Express in South San Francisco until the new year (at least!) Here’s a shot of yours truly mixing it up at SF Chefs earlier this month. Thanks to all of those who stopped by. The 09s, which I decanted for 20 minutes or so, were showing very nicely and got a lot of heartfelt compliments for which I’m grateful! Don’t forget to join the wine club! 🙂 PS ...
- Ripening was in full force earlier in the month when I visited several vineyards, this shot is of the 828 block at Devoto Garden. Likewise at Inspiration Vineyards on Olivet Lane (Russian River AVA), where I met with owner/winemaker Jon Phillips to talk Chardonnay. (The rumors are true! We are making our first Chardonnay this year, gunning for a Chablis style, un-oaked but with mouth-feel, body. Finding the right small grower is only part of the challenge…). Here’s a shot of Jon’s 12 year old Clone 4 Chardonnay (a ubiquitous clone in Sonoma that traces its heritage (via UC Davis) to the ...
- Wait Cellars will be pouring the first tastes of its limited 2009 Pinot Noir at this year’s SF Chefs event in San Francisco’s Union Square. SF Chefs is a huge, multi-day food and wine extravaganza featuring chefs and restaurants from across San Francisco’s legendary food scene, producing some of the most interesting things you may put in your mouth all year! We’ll be pouring on Saturday August 6th from noon to 4pm in the Grand Tasting Tent, where Sonoma County vintners and classic San Francisco dishes will be highlighted. Hope to see you there!
- After a brief blackout on sales due to our transitioning our licensing to San Francisco’s SOMA, we are proud to announce the release and limited availability of our 2009 Pinot Noirs. We are in love with these Pinots, each with a distinct personality: our Russian River flagship, rich and nuanced; and our new Devoto Garden Pinot, a lean cool-climate expression from Russian River’s Green Valley AVA. Our website shopping cart is in transition and will be available soon, and our wine club shipments will resume in September, when we’ll also be announcing a tasting schedule at the winery. Of course, don’t ...
- ▼ 2017 (3)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)