News & Events
- Pinot Days is a fantastic week-long festival in San Francisco celebrating all things Pinot Noir, culminating in a Grand Festival at Fort Mason on Saturday, June 16th. We’ll be pouring our 2010s at the Grand Festival and will hope to see you! Use our discount code and receive 10% off tickets: WACSF12 ! Tickets are available for purchase online here.
- Please join us on Sunday June 10th at Venticello’s Farewell to Foie Gras dinner, a loving tribute to foie gras at this venerable, intimate restaurant on San Francisco’s Nob Hill. We are honored to be pairing our 2009 Green Valley Pinot Noir (Devoto Garden Vineyard) with their glorious foie gras ravioli!
- Was in winery last week to pull samples and taste through all the 2011 pinot barrels, the goals roughly being: – Assess quality – Assess 2011 barrel decisions – Consider Russian River blend – Keep wine off shirt Each barrel was resting nicely, no off characters; at this stage these 11’s are reminiscent of the 09’s with slightly more mid-palate weight, likely due to the maturing vines at Devoto Gardens. The new oak (2/9, or 22%; one French, one Hungarian — both used as press barrels, with free run in neutral) was there, but mostly hiding, which is fine; still evaluating the Hungarian. My once-filled Taransaud ...
- Our 2009 Green Valley Pinot Noir got very nice placement here as a top spring wine recommendation: http://isantemagazine.com/reviews.
- It was a gorgeous weekend to pour at the Fort Mason Vintner’s Market, and it was great meeting everyone who stopped by the table! Our 09 Russian River Pinot was a crowd pleaser; and the pre-release 2010 Green Valley Pinot also won new fans. The prestigious Wait Cellars delivery vehicle unloading out front. The Wait Cellars table, pre-crowds. The “Corning-ware” decanters certainly attracted a lot of attention!
- ▼ 2017 (9)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)