News & Events
- Our 2011 Pinots (225 cases) are in bottle and resting up in Napa at Anu Wine Storage. Big thanks to the over-worked, under-appreciated, and often bullied Wait Cellars’ bottling team. While our mantra this year was “no crying!”, there was a fair amount of sobbing (“Gravity, NO!!!“) after I managed to drop this case from a significant height.
- Hello All, we’re pleased to be pouring our 2010 Pinots and our 2011 Chardonnay at Blu Restaurant in SF as part of a tasting sponsored by our friends at Wineluv, an organization dedicated to sourcing some of the best wine deals out there and then giving back to charity. Bottles will also be available for sale. Come by for a taste!
- A quick shot of the “Jack Pierce” Chardonnay block just off Olivet Road, about a mile south of Inspiration Vineyard and Harvest Moon, and farmed by Randy at Harvest Moon. There is a rustic quality here that speaks to a nice natural balance — no hedging, no weeding, and look at the great cluster spacing and even ripening here. Am estimating about 6lbs a vine (3+ tons/acre) in this vineyard planted about 10-15 years ago, about my ideal. Veraison was perhaps 70-80% done when I visited two weeks back. Flavors were wild, intriguing, some spice not there in last year’s fruit. In ...
- Have been remiss in not posting more updates on the vineyards this summer — by most metrics and accounts everything looks very very good. May-June were relatively mild, and the fruit set we got is the best I’ve seen. Unlike others in the RRV, Devoto Gardens was not hit with a high amount of shatter due to spring rain in 2011, and this year looks even better: nice vertical growth (well trained by Stan; also a characteristic of the 828 clone), maybe 7-8lbs per vine with maybe 10% due to be dropped as veraison finishes up. Here’s the exposed side of ...
- Be sure to RSVP for our summer release party: Julie Gordon of Wooden Spoons will be crafting sublime salmon and pork rillette crostinis, and Paul Chaffee (fiddle) and Kyle Thayer (guitar) will be playing traditional Irish music. Oh, and we’ll have some delicious wines for you! Hope to see you there.
- ▼ 2017 (5)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)