News & Events
- A quick shot of the “Jack Pierce” Chardonnay block just off Olivet Road, about a mile south of Inspiration Vineyard and Harvest Moon, and farmed by Randy at Harvest Moon. There is a rustic quality here that speaks to a nice natural balance — no hedging, no weeding, and look at the great cluster spacing and even ripening here. Am estimating about 6lbs a vine (3+ tons/acre) in this vineyard planted about 10-15 years ago, about my ideal. Veraison was perhaps 70-80% done when I visited two weeks back. Flavors were wild, intriguing, some spice not there in last year’s fruit. In ...
- Have been remiss in not posting more updates on the vineyards this summer — by most metrics and accounts everything looks very very good. May-June were relatively mild, and the fruit set we got is the best I’ve seen. Unlike others in the RRV, Devoto Gardens was not hit with a high amount of shatter due to spring rain in 2011, and this year looks even better: nice vertical growth (well trained by Stan; also a characteristic of the 828 clone), maybe 7-8lbs per vine with maybe 10% due to be dropped as veraison finishes up. Here’s the exposed side of ...
- Be sure to RSVP for our summer release party: Julie Gordon of Wooden Spoons will be crafting sublime salmon and pork rillette crostinis, and Paul Chaffee (fiddle) and Kyle Thayer (guitar) will be playing traditional Irish music. Oh, and we’ll have some delicious wines for you! Hope to see you there.
- We are pleased to announce that our 2009 Green Valley Pinot Noir, Devoto Garden Vineyard, was awarded a gold medal in the 2012 San Francisco International Wine Competition. On June 15, 16, and 17, a total of 4556 wines participated, submitted by 1300 wineries from 29 countries and 26 states. The results have been posted here. Our 2009 Russian River Pinot also received a bronze. We of course have always known our Pinots are special; but it is always gratifying when others agree 🙂
- We’re very pleased to be pouring at CUESA’s Summer Celebration at San Francisco’s iconic Ferry Building on July 15th. For those interested in local, seasonal cuisine produced by the city’s finest chefs, this is a can’t miss event. We’ll be pouring, pre-release, our 2010 Green Valley Pinot Noir and our 2011 Russian River Chardonnay. Hope to see you there!
- ▼ 2017 (3)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)