News & Events
- Come visit us at the spring Vintner’s Market at Fort Mason on April 13th and 14th. It’s a great opportunity to try and buy wines from 100s of local wineries, as well as to enjoy a leisurely weekend afternoon on the water. We’ll also be pouring our pre-release 2011 Russian River Pinot Noir.
- We are officially sold out of our 2010 Devoto Garden Pinot Noir, including wine club allocations. Our remaining award-winning 2009 Russian River Pinot Noir is also on allocation to the wine club only while it lasts; it is unfortunately no longer available to the public. There are limited amounts of our 2010 Russian River Pinot Noir and our 2011 Russian River Chardonnay still available through the website. We intend to release our 2011 Pinot Noirs soon. A bottle of our 2011 Russian River Pinot Noir will go out “pre-release” in our spring club shipment in April, and both 2011 Pinot Noirs ...
- Last Thursday we bottled 52 cases of our 2012 Russian River Chardonnay: unfiltered, un-oaked, conditioned about six months sur lie in neutral oak, alcohol at about 13%. This fruit came from the “Jack Pierce” block off Olivet road: about a half acre of Chardonnay clone 4 farmed by our friend Randy Pitts of Harvest Moon. It was a gently pruned, very low-yield block: a little over a ton, which I picked just after Labor Day between 21 and 22 brix. This fruit is about a half-mile south of Jon Philips’ Inspiration Vineyard, where the Chardonnay in my 2011 came from. ...
- Our 2010 Devoto Garden has been on by the glass at Millenium since mid January. This may be the last place (outside of our Wine Club) in SF where you can still get this vintage — only a few cases remain.
- Shot from the top of the barrels; they do sway just a bit when a 160lb man (okay, 165-170 really) is up there topping them up… Went through all 15 barrels looking for any off aromas, tastes, chemistry. Liked the new barrels (Damy, Francois Freres). The one-year olds were sublime, always a favorite. I have a particular tight grained 2010 Taransaud barrel which by my lights continues to contribute a subtle weight and spice. Color looks nice, no? Some folks add enzymes and other products to their musts to enhance color — we do not. This year we did not add yeast: ...
- ▼ 2017 (8)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)