News & Events
- Pruning is about 80% complete at Devoto Garden, I was up last week to help in the 828 block. The vines are “cordon/renewal spur” pruned; each vine is 4 feet apart, each cordon/arm is 24″; the goal is to leave each arm with six “nodes” about 4″ apart, each node trimmed back to two buds on one of last year’s canes, which will become two fruiting canes this year. Simple, right? You’d be surprised… Pruned vines on right; those awaiting haircut on left. Wood left in rows to be mulched by tractor with flail. My over-matched, minimalist Japanese shears; need to get ...
- Here’s a nice mention from Pierre Dumond, wine critic for the Piedmont Press, in his Wine Corner column. We met at the Family Winemakers tasting this fall. (To our mother’s amusement, he has mistakenly credited my brother Dave for the winemaking — Dave actually did the woodcut on the label :).
- Thank you all for coming to our holiday party! We had a lovely time — hope you did too!
- Join us for an evening of wine tasting, music, delicious bites, and shopping local in San Francisco’s SOMA! Please click here for more details!
- Holiday shopping? Try it, then buy it! Hope to see you there!
- ▼ 2017 (1)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)