News & Events
- Come join us at the annual Soiree des Vins at San Francisco’s Ferry Building this Sunday. This fundraiser for San Francisco’s French American International School is always an epicurean delight: enjoy tastes from over 25 wineries, breweries, and distilleries, and bites from over 15 of San Francisco’s most acclaimed eateries.
- Join us at Millenium Restaurant on Wednesday, October 29th, where chef Eric Tucker will be preparing 6 courses sourcing fall produce from small farms of Sonoma to pair with Wait Cellars wines and cider from Devoto Gardens & Orchards! Enjoy a nice meal and conversation about food, cider, wine (and the Giants!) with your truly, Stan Devoto , Jolie Devoto-Wade (cider-maker) & Chef Eric Tucker 🙂 Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 7:00pm-10:00 (ish) in our private wine room $80/person (before tax/gratuity) 5 (plus amuse!)-courses with Wait Cellars & Devoto Cider pairings Space is limited–please call Alison to reserve your seat at the table! 415.345.3900×13 MENU SNEAK PEEK: (menu ...
- Come join us on Sunday, October 26th, at this beautiful celebration of Pinot Noir on the river in Healdsburg!
- 2014 was perhaps our most ambitious harvest yet — when all is done we’ll have picked over 9 tons and will be on track to produce about 500 cases of wine. While it was generally a warm, dry growing year in the north coast, and quality looks good, I’ll remember 2014 for the ever-present fog and moisture that seemed to hang over western Sonoma every day until noon, from mid August through September. Managing rot was the order of the day, and in some cases was a trumping factor in choosing a pick date. Here’s some rot in a Pinot Noir Dijon 115 ...
- We are very pleased to formally release our 2013 Russian River Chardonnay to our wine club this week in the Summer Whites two-bottle shipment. Not a member? You may join here! This 2013 is a personal favorite at our house, it seems to pair with, and make special, the most mundane of weekly dinners (including the dreaded ‘dino’ nuggets our kids clamor for) and it is sitting at a week-night-friendly 12.5% ABV. Neutral oak, battonage sur lie, and a careful native fermentation all give this wine a certain refinement; an elegant reflection of its origins on 15+ year old vines along ...
- ▼ 2017 (6)
- ► 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ▼ 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (19)